Let’s face it Friends your never going to change a single thing until you change something you do every single day.
I know because I’m living proof of what can happen when you decide to take action, and you learn how to get beyond yourself.
It’s really our minds that hold us back. We hate change and our minds like to keep us safe. They avoid fear because that’s what God made them to do.
However, I’m beyond happy that I realized that my brain was all that was holding me back. I told my friends a while ago that I was now addicted to change. Chuckle Chuckle!
It turns out that’s not exactly right, but, it’s kind of sort of right. I mean I still fight fear on a daily basis, but I’ve also learned how to work my go for it muscle.
And the more I use it the stronger it gets. We will never grow by doing the stuff we know we can do. We have to do the shit we don’t want to do. We have to learn to fight that voice that says we’re not good enough. We have to learn to cultivate a new voice that empowers us instead of keeps us stuck for our entire lives.
We are our problem and we are our solution.
Here’s 5 things that I’ve added to my life that have been beneficial to me. I hope you have the courage to get past yourself because your seriously missing out on really living your life, instead of being stuck on auto pilot day after day.
- Reading 📖 because we have so much to learn. We must be choosy with what we feed our minds. Balance is the key. I don’t watch the news, but I do read a short rundown of current events on LinkedIn every morning, and of course my social media gives me lots of information. But that too is limited to positive pages and encouraging people. Your mind is an amazing place waiting on you to feed it something new.
- Music 🎧 is my life. Seriously any of my peeps will tell you that I can’t sing and that I love to sing. Music can reach parts of your brain that will stimulate good feelings and release happy endorphins. If your in a bad mood and you can’t get out of it, then you can’t do the same thing you always do. Your brain is stuck on the mad loop and it’s up to you to figure out how to change the channel. So you find your favorite feel good songs and you jam out for at least 20 minutes. Turn the music off when your done and check in with yourself. Do you feel less angry and more chill? If so, your good to go, if not listen to some more music, it will work I promise.
- Meditate 🧘♀️ which seems weird because I’m normally so hyper, but it’s really not what your picturing in your head. It’s a way to make your mind stop thinking, because it needs a break sometimes. I also happen to think that when I’m meditating I’m able to hear Gods message to me. You see when I’m praying I’m talking, so I’m thinking, so I’m not listening. But when my mind is quiet, then I’m able to receive the message. I never in a million years would have thought that I would be typing this advice to you but nonetheless, here it is. This is the one you don’t want to skip, no matter how hooky it sounds to you. Insight timer is my favorite free app, go do yourself a huge favor and download it.
- Exercise 💃🏃🏾♂️🏃🏻♀️ is a must my friends, and don’t you roll your eyes at me. You don’t have to run a marathon, I sure as hell do not. As a matter of fact I despise running so I don’t do it all. I do however love my jazzercise class that’s an hour long. When we can get our hearts beating fast our brains will release more happy chemicals into our bodies and we will in turn be happier people. Dance in your living room, YouTube your favorite yoga video, or go try some new exercise class in your local town. But do something that makes your brain work in your favor. My Jazz class ends up being good for my body, brain, and my soul because the friendships are strong 💪 there, the laughter is loud and we’re listening to music the whole time!
- Spoil yourself 💜 by buying yourself something that’s exclusively for you. I started by buying an anti aging night cream, that I would have never even thought about using a few years ago. I didn’t think I was worthy of such a thing. I worked hard and of course I spent all of my money on my kids and other things, but never myself. I mean who can relate? We work all these hours for all of these things, but never really consider ourselves in the mix. Why was I willing to pay more for our cell phone bill then I was for me to enjoy a few of the finer things in life? It’s simple really and we don’t need to beat ourselves up, it’s just that we need to once again update our brains. We’re running on an old ass blueprint system and it’s time for an upgrade. This amazing gift I gave myself has now turned into a lucrative business that I run from my home with a rockstar team that I get to lead and grow with. It led to me writing this blog and connecting to all of you. We’re a global business open in many countries so don’t let your fears tell you that you can’t do it too.
The bottom line is this my friends, I’ve given you some very valuable tools and useful information to change your life. You could be as excited as ever to implement them into your life, but if you fail to actually do them, then nothing will change.
You’ve got this