The next month is going to be full of all kinds of family and friends and Holiday traditions, celebrations and Birthday parties for baby Jesus.
I absolutely love the feeling of magic that comes with December, but I’m also very aware of the sadness that can come along with Holidays as well.
You see we tend to take time to be more present in December and that means we’re able to feel more.
As I’m writing this I’m understand what it’s like to be spending your first Christmas without someone you love a lot. And I know that many other people will have these same feelings.
It’s ok to be sad for a day, but don’t let it consume you. Allow yourself the space to meet you where ever you are and have the courage to embrace the season with an open heart, even if it’s a little broken.
There are certain things that I do when I need to get out of my funk. There are ways to beat the blues if you truly want to be free for the day.
Here’s a list of a few of the tools that I use to get out of my head and into my heart.
- Turn on your favorite music and sing and dance until your little hearts happy.
- Call your best friend and talk on the phone to her.
- Take a hot bath and dim the lights and listen to music.
- Go out and have fun with your partner being goofy and enjoying the the night.
- Do some yoga 🧘♀️
- Go to dinner with your friends.
- Do something that scares you.
- Bake some goodies
- Drive around and see the lights.
- Watch a Comedy.
If you want to enjoy your life then you most certainly can, but your going to have to participate in the manifestation of your own happiness.
💜 Tay Tay