There were many amazing things that happened, when I made a conscious choice to let go of my fears. But, here are the 5 biggest ones!
- I was able to heal the broken child inside me. I learned that sometimes I’m triggered by someone, and this trigger then activates my broken little girl. She comes out swinging, because that’s how she protects herself. She does the only thing that she knows how to do, she reacts! She flies into defense mode, and she’s ready for battle. She’s still a part of me, however she doesn’t get to control my current mood. She doesn’t get to dictate my emotions anymore, because I’m not a little girl. I’m a grown ass woman, and I decided it was time to find a better way to communicate my feelings. This is not always easy, my husband and my kids are the first people to trigger my broken child. They are the ones where I need the most practice, and they are the ones who will help me with my presence.
- I was able to become a blogger. Writing is my therapy! I love to talk as much as I love to write! This is probably why my other job is as a hair stylist! Had I listened to my fears, I wouldn’t be here a year later writing to you. If I waited until I had everything figured out, then I would have never gotten started. Fear has a way of disguising itself, and it takes on many forms. But, self doubt is one of the biggest joy stealers. It’s also the reason why so many people never try anything new. It’s why we become complacent and compliant. Over the years my fears robbed me of many things, but they no longer have power in my mind. I am able to write it all down, and figure it all out. I have the tools to move beyond afraid, and to see what’s on the other side. The very thing I didn’t think I was good enough to do (writing), is the very things that sets me free.
- My relationships became more authentic. When your afraid to talk to your husband, or your kids about certain things, then you begin to avoid them. But we can never really avoid our feelings, can we? If you don’t deal with your feelings, then they will deal with you. They will come out sooner or later, and it’s usually, not the way that you would want them too. Fear causes resentment, anger, division, bitterness, and jealousy. Where as your authentic voice brings you closer to your heart. It comes from a place that’s gentle, kind, patient and loving. It’s where you feel really at home, at ease. It’s when you don’t have to have a filter, because your aloud to be the real you.
- I was able to have a new dream. I learned that I wasn’t supposed to ever stop dreaming. Who ever said I was supposed to just be content with my career for the next 30 years? Who said I couldn’t do hair, and write a blog? Who said I couldn’t start another business? Who said I couldn’t have a team? Who said I didn’t have the time? Who said I didn’t have the money? Who said I can’t sell anything? Who kept me stuck for so long? You guessed it, my friend FEAR! I told you earlier it takes on different shapes and I wasn’t kidding. It had me stuck, and paralyzed. It made me a slave to its boundaries and rules. But I no longer play those games! I am the master creator of my new dreams, and in just getting started.
- I began to live again. I mean like really live, and do what I want to do. I’ve been able to spend more time with friends, and spend more time honoring my needs. When I let go of the fears that I had created, I was able to focus on my blessings. I was able to learn about consciousness and mindset, and both of those things, made my fears disappear. When you choose to look inside yourself for the answers, instead of outside, your soul will begin to blossom. You will begin the journey of becoming awakened, and you will live again too.